Headed to the big city? Tuck this city scavenger hunt in your backpack. Kids will love this seek and find game featuring taxis, city buildings, and more!
Traveling to New York City, Chicago, or another large city? Kids will love completing a city scavenger hunt as they explore the big city sights!
How to Play a City Scavenger Hunt
So, how do you play a City Scavenger Hunt? Well, be creative! There are so many ways to play, that I’ll just share a few of my favorite scavenger hunt ideas:
- City Touring – While big cities are tons of fun, walking and transportation can be boring to kids. Keep them entertained by encouraging them to observe the city sights with a scavenger hunt.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt – Great for adults and teens, send them around the park to capture photos of each item with their smartphones. Allot extra points when a person is in the photo, too, or require entire groups be in the photo with each item listed on the scavenger hunt.
Did you know? All of our Scavenger Hunt Games include the picture and the word so that any kid can play, even if they haven’t learned to read.
What items should be included in a City Scavenger Hunt?
Here are some items to find on a City Scavenger Hunt:
- food truck
- bus stop
- police car
- one way sign
Scavenger Hunts for a Big City
There are two ways to buy our City Scavenger Hunt game. It is available on Amazon and Etsy, in both digital and physical formats.
- Dry-Erase City Scavenger Hunt – Wipeable for repeated use, mark off city-themed items as they are found. When you’re done, tuck it in your backpack, ready for the next day of touring!
- Printable City Scavenger Hunt – This print-it-yourself City Scavenger Hunt is an engaging activity for kids and families.
If you liked this travel scavenger hunt, you might also like:
- COMING SOON: New York City
- Road Trip Scavenger Hunt for Kids (Screen-Free Car Game)
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt for Kids