View your next outdoor activity through a new lens – a video lens! Complete a video scavenger hunt with a nature theme. Great for kids, groups, and birthday parties.
Searching the web for video scavenger hunt ideas has inspired me to create a few of my own. We’ll start with a popular scavenger hunt theme – nature – and turn that into a video scavenger hunt.
Studying botany in your homeschool? Going on a hike with the family? Planning a birthday party at a local park? All of these activities are perfect for a nature scavenger hunt. If you’d like to amp it up a notch, add in a video component.
New to video scavenger hunts? Check out our overview of video scavenger hunt ideas, tips, and instructions.
When to Play a Nature-Themed Video Scavenger Hunt
What would be a great opportunity for a nature-themed video scavenger hunt? Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- at a Birthday Party with a nature theme or outdoor setting (woodland theme, birthday at a park, etc.)
- as a homeschool or classroom activity related to botany, the environment, wildlife, etc.
- in the backyard, as a boredom buster activity for kids during the long summer days
- as a family while hiking or visiting national parks
While video scavenger hunts are great for groups, this activity can also be completed in pairs or individually.
You Might Also Like: Find Outdoor Scavenger Hunts for the park, camping, and more!
Video Scavenger Hunt with a Nature Theme
Here are over 15 tasks to complete on a nature-focused video scavenger hunt. We’ve included a few fun bonus activities, as well!
Take a video of:
- an ant moving (bonus points if the ant is carrying something)
- a perched bird (bonus points if the bird is making noise)
- bees on a flower
- a flowing creek
- clouds moving
- a spider moving in a web (bonus points if an insect is caught in the web)
- fireflies lighting up in the evening
- a worm moving in dirt
- people jumping over a puddle
- animal tracks being followed
- a man-made object moving due to wind
- the night sky
- a rock skipping on the water (bonus point if 3 or more skips)
- wildlife other than birds/insects (bonus points if the wildlife is making noise)
- people cleaning up litter